Bishop Druitt College was founded in the early 1990s by Ken Langford-Smith, Headmaster of The Armidale School, and Father Stephen Pullin, the then Rector of St John's Church Coffs Harbour. The college is named after the Right Reverend Doctor Cecil Henry Druitt, M.A. D.D., who was the first Bishop of Grafton from 1914 to 1921. The inaugural Principal, Victor Branson, headed the college for ten years 1994 to 2003.
The official opening in October 1993 saw the commencement of the building program. The primary school began at an assembly on 1st February, 1994 and now caters for around 450 students. The secondary school commenced in 1995 and now caters for around 750 students to Year 12. The college has a combined total of over 150 teaching, administrative and property management staff.
A collection of college archives was commenced in 2005 by Mr Scott Rodham, foundation Secondary Coordinator. A database of previous students and staff will be maintained so that the biannual Alumni Newsletter may be distributed and annual reunions conducted.
To register your contact details on the database, please email: email@example.com
The Collegian. Bishop Druitt College 20 years on. 1994-2014 is an 84-page booklet compiled by Scott Rodham that outlines the early history of the college. The booklet features many photographs, documents, speeches and other memorabilia that bring the college's story to life.
Copies can be purchased from the Accounts Department for $25.00, or can be delivered by mail for $35.00 by ordering through the Activity Payments web page.