'Our wish for our departing collegians is that they will have a passion for learning and will value the virtues of wisdom and integrity. They will be individuals who endeavour to positively transform the communities in which they live and work.'

Bishop Druitt College was founded in the early 1990s by Ken Langford-Smith, Headmaster of The Armidale School, and Father Stephen Pullin, the Rector of St John's Church Coffs Harbour. The college is named after the Right Reverend Doctor Cecil Henry Druitt, MA, DD, who was the first Bishop of Grafton from 1914 to 1921. The inaugural Principal, Victor Branson, BA(Hons), BD(Hons), DipEd, MACE, MACEA, headed the college for ten years from 1994 to 2003.

The official opening in October 1993 saw the commencement of the building program. The primary school began at an assembly on 1st February 1994 and now caters for around 450 students. The secondary school commenced in 1995 and now caters for around 600 students to Year 12. The college has a combined total of over 150 teaching, administrative and property management staff.

Articles on alumni appear frequently in Galiingawa and on BDC Alumni Facebook.


A collection of college archives was commenced in 2005 by Mr Scott Rodham, foundation Secondary Coordinator. A database of previous students and staff will be maintained so that periodic reunions may be arranged.  

To register your contact details on the database, please email:

Our Philosophy

Read more

Learning & Teaching

Read more

Enhancing Wellbeing

Read more